Lamina Animal™ Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points.
In line with Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals, we will encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
POLICY AIMS (as guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals)
WE ENDEAVOUR TO:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
PAPER (Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production)
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible and only use recyclable plastic-free materials where practicable.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY AND WATER (Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy)
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- Move to greener sources of energy where practicable.
OFFICE SUPPLIES (Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production)
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
TRANSPORTATION (Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities)
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING (Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation)
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
MONITORING AND IMPROVEMENT (Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure)
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor our environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce our environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into all of our business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our quarterly.
CULTURE (Goal 10: Reduced inequalities)
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide and fund staff with relevant training.
- We will pay a living wage.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
- We will not discriminate nor instruct or induce others to discriminate because of any of the protected characteristics as set out in the Equality Act 2010 and will promote economic inclusion of all regardless of:
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual Orientation